Australia’s PM’s official residence declared potential fire hazard

Australia’s Prime Minister has been forced to move out of her official residence because the property has been declared a potential fire hazard.

Julia Gillard has to lookThe Lodge, Canberra for somewhere else to live while her home in Canberra, known as The Lodge, has its roof replaced and the property undergoes renovation.

 

Special Minister of State Gary Gray said the 84-year-old building has a leaky roof, rusty plumbing, wiring that is a fire hazard, and asbestos that needs to be removed.

He said much of the wiring is old copper wrapped in cloth and a substantial fire risk. Gray said: “If The Lodge were a patient it would be in hospital. There is a lot of work to be done.”

Work is expected to take 18 months to complete.

This was taken from info4fire.com click here for the original story

Leave a Reply