A charity shop and furniture store have been completely damaged after fire spread through a shopping block.
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service was called to a blaze in Kidderminster town centre just after 1pm on Sunday 2 October.
Responding to reports of a fire at the British Heart Foundation, crews found both the charity shop and an adjoining furniture store, Levines alight. Firefighters managed to avoid fire spreading to an Iceland frozen food store.
At the height of the incident, around 70 fire officers, ten fire engines, two aerial ladder platforms and a water carrier were at the scene, with six jets, one hose reel and a ground monitor all in use.
Gas mains at the site had also ruptured causing an extra complication.
The blaze was under control at around 6pm. No one was injured during the incident.
Area Commander George Sherry from Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: “The first crews to arrive at the scene found a severe fire which was spreading fast. While our first priority was to bring the blaze under control as quickly as possible and prevent any further spread, we also gave early consideration to other business premises in the area, doing all that we could to keep these operating as normal.”
The fire service believe the incident was accidental and originated in the roof space of a suspended ceiling.
This was taken from info4fire.com click here for the original story